FindLaw UK News
FindLaw UK’s news stories cover legal current affairs, legal oddities and informative posts from experience solicitors.
The FindLaw UK legal news channel covering all areas of law.
Just About Legal
Weird legal news and the lighter side of the law.
Recently Added Posts
- Telecoms law: Cinema company ‘bewilders’ Church of England by banning Lord’s Prayer advertDigital Cinema Media, which handles the majority of cinema advertising in the UK, has banned a Church of England advert featuring the Lord’s Prayer, The Guardian reports. The Church of England (CofE) has been left “disappointed and bewildered” following the decision of Digital Cinema Media (DCM) to ban an advert featuring the... Read more »
- Discrimination: Report warns that HIV-AIDS crisis being worsened by Commonwealth anti-gay lawsA report produced by the Human Dignity Trust and the Commonwealth Lawyers Association has warned that the criminalisation of homosexuality in Commonwealth countries is making the HIV-AIDS crisis worse, The Independent reports. A report prepared by the Human Dignity Trust and the Commonwealth Lawyers Association for Prime Minister David Cameron warns that... Read more »
- Criminal law: Two receive prison sentences for attempting to import three tonnes of cocaineTwo British men have received prison sentences after being found guilty of attempting to import three tonnes of cocaine into Europe to sell in the Netherlands. Anthony Dennis, 48, and Anthony Wilson, 38, were arrested after an ongoing operation by the Dutch National Crime Squad. the Dutch authorities discovered a cafe in Rotterdam... Read more »
- International: Poet sentenced to death for apostasy in Saudi ArabiaA 35-year-old man has been sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia after being convicted of the crime of apostasy. Ashraf Fayadh, a Palestinian poet, was sentenced to death after being arrested in August 2013 on suspicion of aspostasy after a complaint was made to the police. The complaint claims Fayadh had been cursing... Read more »
- Policing: Police warn Home Secretary that police cuts could ‘severely impact’ UK’s response to terrorist attacksA senior police officer has written to the Home Secretary, Theresa May, warning her that proposed cuts to the police budget would seriously affect the police response to a terrorist attack, Sky News reports. In a restricted document prepared for the Home Secretary, Theresa May, one of the UK’s most senior police... Read more »
Just About Legal
- Cheese sandwich confused for a hand gunPolice were called to a situation at Stevenage railway station after receiving reports there was a man carrying a handgun. The police went to the station after receiving a 999 call that informed them of a person at the station was carrying a suspicious item the caller thought could be a gun. However,... Read more »
- Council chief responsible for removing public toilets fined for peeing in streetJackie Burns a councillor for South Lanarkshire, Scotland, has been fined for urinating in the street only months after removing public toilets in his consituency. Burns, 51, was at a taxi rank when he needed to urinate. He then walked down a lane to relieve himself and was subsequently caught by the... Read more »
- Man imprisoned after selling cocaine for wife’s plastic surgeryA mechanic has been found guilty of selling cocaine in order to fund his wife’s plastic surgery Ashley Wilkin, 29 and a mechanic from Birmingham, has been handed a prison sentence of three years and nine months after being found guilty of selling the class A drug to fund a “lavish” lifestyle... Read more »
- Reality TV personality charged under the Malicious Communications ActReality TV personality, Ursula Presgrave, has admitted a charge under the Malicious Communications Act after posting negative comments about people suffering from Downs Syndrome on social media. Presgrave wrote on Facebook: “Anyone born with down syndrome should be put down, it’s just cruel to let them lead a pointless life of a... Read more »
- Drug trafficker attempts to escape prison by dressing as a grandmotherA drug trafficker has been caught attempting to escape from prison by dressing as an elderly woman. Clodoaldo Antonio Felipe, 44, was being held at Coronel Odenir Guimaraes Prison on the outskirts of Goiania, Brazil, and serving a 36-year prison sentence. He is also considered pary of the Comando Vermelho crime organisation, the... Read more »