Immigration law regulates who can visit the UK and how long
they can stay for. It also dictates who can stay here permanently and
when a person can claim asylum.
The complexities of UK immigration law overwhelm many people… for a variety
of reasons: some live outside the UK or only recently arrived here; others have
problems speaking, reading, or writing English; while even more find the UK
legal system and/or cultural norms utterly confusing!
Well, FindLaw’s Immigration 101 aims to remedy all that!
10 questions before you begin reading FindLaw’s Immigration 101:
** Additional Information & Advice **
You can obtain further information about immigration law on FindLaw – over the coming
weeks, more content will be added to comprehensively address each of the 10
questions listed above – and the UK Border Agency
Depending on the circumstances of your case, however, it may be better to
speak with a solicitor who specialises in immigration law.
can be matched with a solicitor for free via solicitor matching
services, which can also help you to understand the best course of action
for your situation and whether you are ready to hire a solicitor.
You may also like:
- In the courts: Ex-pupil wins sexting case
- In the courts: High Court rules benefit cap discriminates against…
- Northern Ireland: High Court rules abortion ‘law incompatible with human…
- Terrorism: Prime Minister announces £5m funding for Commonwealth counter-terrorism unit
- Policing: Watchdog rules that Police Scotland broke law by spying…