No. 36 - Adult Student Visas - Overview
Adult student visas are for people aged over 16 years old who want to come to the UK or remain here to study .
NB. 16 and 17 years olds should be aware that they can choose whether to apply as an adult student or a child student, depending on the type and level of course they want to study.
Organisation of blogs on adult student visas
UK immigration rules for adult student visas are extremely complex. It's not practical to deal with everything in one blog.
Consequently, we'll devote the next ten or so blogs to this one area.
The adult student visa series of blogs will answer each of the following questions in turn:
- Who can apply for an adult student visa?
- How long can someone stay in the UK on an adult student visa?
- What does someone need to apply for a UK student visa?
- How do you apply for a UK student visa?
- What role does an approved education provider play in a student visa
- What courses of study are acceptable to qualify for a UK student visa?
- How much money does someone need to apply for a UK student
- How much money does someone need if they've completed a course of study in
the UK that was at least six months long in the past four months?
- How much does a UK student visa cost?
- Which UK student visa application form should be used?
** Additional Information & Advice **
As discussed in a previous blog entry, the UK government introduced new rules for student visas earlier this year - so instead of researching online, you may prefer to speak with a solicitor who specialises in immigration law.
You can be matched with a solicitor for free via solicitor matching services, which can also help you to understand the best course of action for your situation and whether you are ready to hire a solicitor.