Immigration 101: Child Student Visas – Documents & Proof (#28)

Immigration 101: Child Student Visas – Documents & Proof (#28)

No. 28 – Child Student Visas – Documents & Proof

Original documents
All documents & proof submitted to the UK Border Agency to support
applications for child students visas must be issued by an authorised official
of the issuing organisation and be:
  • original; &

  • on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation.

The mandated documents to support a visa application must be submitted at the
same time as the application form.  The UK Border Agency will not contact
applicants if they do not send the correct documents & proof, and may refuse
applications on this basis alone.

Translated documents

If one of your documents is not in English or Welsh, the original must be
sent with a fully certified translation by a professional translator.  This
translation must include:

  • the translator’s qualifications;

  • confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the
    original document;

  • the date;
  • the translator’s signature; &
  • the translator’s contact details.

Return of your documents

If you’re applying from inside the United Kingdom, your documents
will be returned to you by post to the address you provide on your application. 
If a representative makes an application on your behalf, your documents will be
returned to them.  Your documents will be returned using recorded delivery.  If
you want your documents to be returned by special delivery, you should provide a
prepaid special delivery envelope.  You can also arrange for your documents to
be collected by courier at your own cost.  If you would like to arrange a
courier, put a courier request in writing by fax to 0114 207 5862.

If you’re outside the United Kingdom, your documents will be
returned in the same way you sent them.  For example, if you took them to a visa
issuing post, the visa issuing post will return them to you.

** Additional Information & Advice **

You can obtain further information about and on

As discussed in a , however, the UK government
recently introduced – so instead of
researching online, you may prefer to expedite things by speaking with a .

You can be , which can also help you to understand the best course of action
for your situation and whether you are ready to hire a solicitor.

If you cannot find what you are looking for on please let us know by contacting us at:
Furthermore, please be aware that while we attempt to ensure all our information is as up-to-date and relevant as possible occasionally some our articles may no longer be accurate.