No. 37 – Adult Student Visas – Can I Apply?
All people aged over 16 years old who want to come to the UK (or remain here)
to study can apply for an adult student visa.
16 and 17 years olds should be aware that they can choose whether to apply as an adult student or a child student,
depending on the type and level of course they want to study.
You do not need a student visa if:
- you are an European Economic Area or Swiss national;
- you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one
of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
- you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the
UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here; or
- you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay in the
** Additional Information & Advice **
As discussed in a previous blog entry, the UK government introduced new rules for student visas earlier this year – so
instead of researching online, you may prefer to speak with a solicitor who specialises in immigration law.
You can be matched with a solicitor for free via solicitor matching
services, which can also help you to understand the best course of action
for your situation and whether you are ready to hire a solicitor.
You may also like:
- Criminal law: Jury informed Becky Watts death was sexually motivated
- In the courts: Trump to fight windfarm proposals in UK…
- Consumer law: Sainsbury’s accused of exploiting legal loophole in 5p…
- International: International Criminal Court to examine 2008 Georgia-Russia war
- Corporate law: Libor riggers bribed with beer and curry