Reality TV star Jack Tweed has been arrested following an incident outside an Essex nightclub.
Tweed, 23, was taken to Ilford Police Station, east London where he was questioned for several hours about his part in a brawl. He arrived at the station with his solicitor and was released on bail until the end of January.
The star’s arrest follows a police investigation following a fight that involved Tweed’s brother Lewis, 20, and friend, nightclub owner, Mark Wright.
The fight happened this week outside Wright’s Deuces Bar and Lounge, in Chigwell, in the early hours of Monday morning (January 3).
Tweed’s brother and Wright were arrested at the scene.
21-year-old Tom Grantham was left with minor injuries to the face following the incident.
A police spokesperson confirmed: “A 23-year-old man attended an east London police station by appointment and was arrested on suspicion of affray.”
Tweed is no stranger to controversy. In 2010, he was cleared of raping a 19-year-old girl at his flat.
In 2008, he served 18 months in prison for attacking a 16-year-old male and, in 2009, half of a 12-week sentence for attacking a taxi driver.
Tweed is best known for marrying ex-Big Brother contestant Jade Goody who lost her battle against cancer in March 2009. He also took part in Celebrity Big Brother with Goody in 2007.
- Jade Goody widower questioned over nightclub brawl (Metro)
- What should I do if I am a victim of crime? (Findlaw.co.uk)
- Why do I need a solicitor? (Findlaw.co.uk)
- Find a solicitor in you area (Findlaw.co.uk)
- Ask a question in the Findlaw Community
You may also like:
- Media law: Tim Yeo loses Sunday Times libel case
- In the courts: High Court rules benefit cap discriminates against…
- International: Journalists stand trial in Vatican Holy See scandal
- Policing: Watchdog rules that Police Scotland broke law by spying…
- Telecoms law: Cinema company ‘bewilders’ Church of England by banning…