A Bournemouth woman has finally tied the knot after 10 unsuccessful wedding attempts in the past three years.
Nicky Pretty finally married Trevor in Edinburgh in December 2010.
The couple have suffered a number of setbacks that included:
- Cancelling their Cyprus wedding in 2008 after family pulled out
- Not going ahead with a wedding in Dorset as the price was too high per guest
- Missing out on a home wedding after neighbours complained the noise would be too loud
- Cancelling an expensive wedding in Fiji after the couple feared no family members would attend
The Prettys got married in the Scottish capital on their 11th attempt with just two friends in attendance. Even then they saw two flights from Bournemouth to Scotland cancelled due to snow.
41-year old Nicky said in the Metro: ‘I was beginning to think it would never happen, so I am relieved to be Mrs Pretty at last.
Is this truly Britain’s unluckiest bride? Tell us what you think in the Findlaw Community.
Unluckiest couple finally get married (Metro)
Legal information about getting married (Findlaw.co.uk)
More about marriage and civil partnerships (Findlaw.co.uk)
Find a UK solicitor in your area
Ask a legal question in the Findlaw Community
You may also like:
- International: Two sisters sentenced to be raped
- European law: Google hits out at European Commission
- Law and government: Survey shows two-thirds of people feel they…
- International: Sudanese teenager risks twenty lashes for ‘indecent dressing’
- Environmental law: WWF threatens legal action against government for failing…