A Bournemouth woman has finally tied the knot after 10 unsuccessful wedding attempts in the past three years.
Nicky Pretty finally married Trevor in Edinburgh in December 2010.
The couple have suffered a number of setbacks that included:
- Cancelling their Cyprus wedding in 2008 after family pulled out
- Not going ahead with a wedding in Dorset as the price was too high per guest
- Missing out on a home wedding after neighbours complained the noise would be too loud
- Cancelling an expensive wedding in Fiji after the couple feared no family members would attend
The Prettys got married in the Scottish capital on their 11th attempt with just two friends in attendance. Even then they saw two flights from Bournemouth to Scotland cancelled due to snow.
41-year old Nicky said in the Metro: ‘I was beginning to think it would never happen, so I am relieved to be Mrs Pretty at last.
Is this truly Britain’s unluckiest bride? Tell us what you think in the Findlaw Community.
Unluckiest couple finally get married (Metro)
Legal information about getting married (Findlaw.co.uk)
More about marriage and civil partnerships (Findlaw.co.uk)
Find a UK solicitor in your area
Ask a legal question in the Findlaw Community
You may also like:
- International: Virginia governor overturns law to allow convicted criminals to…
- Guest Blog: Cohabiting couples, their rights and the common law…
- Health and Safety: Alton Towers owner pleads guilty to health…
- Law and government: Councils appeal for increased powers to limit…
- Legal Aid: New report shows rise in DIY defence since…
If you cannot find what you are looking for on Findlaw.co.uk please let us know by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, please be aware that while we attempt to ensure all our information is as up-to-date and relevant as possible occasionally some our articles may no longer be accurate.