A Bournemouth woman has finally tied the knot after 10 unsuccessful wedding attempts in the past three years.
Nicky Pretty finally married Trevor in Edinburgh in December 2010.
The couple have suffered a number of setbacks that included:
- Cancelling their Cyprus wedding in 2008 after family pulled out
- Not going ahead with a wedding in Dorset as the price was too high per guest
- Missing out on a home wedding after neighbours complained the noise would be too loud
- Cancelling an expensive wedding in Fiji after the couple feared no family members would attend
The Prettys got married in the Scottish capital on their 11th attempt with just two friends in attendance. Even then they saw two flights from Bournemouth to Scotland cancelled due to snow.
41-year old Nicky said in the Metro: ‘I was beginning to think it would never happen, so I am relieved to be Mrs Pretty at last.
Is this truly Britain’s unluckiest bride? Tell us what you think in the Findlaw Community.
Unluckiest couple finally get married (Metro)
Legal information about getting married (Findlaw.co.uk)
More about marriage and civil partnerships (Findlaw.co.uk)
Find a UK solicitor in your area
Ask a legal question in the Findlaw Community
You may also like:
- Property law: Landlords now expected to carry out tenant immigration…
- Business law: Enterprise Bill gives local councils powers to relax…
- Terrorism: British mother sentenced to six years’ imprisonment for joining…
- Negligence law: Family of Raoul Moat victim lose negligence claim
- Business law: London law firms charging up to £1,100 per…
If you cannot find what you are looking for on Findlaw.co.uk please let us know by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, please be aware that while we attempt to ensure all our information is as up-to-date and relevant as possible occasionally some our articles may no longer be accurate.