Actress Lindsay Lohan is facing alleged theft charges after US police obtained a search warrant to investigate a stolen necklace at the star’s home.
But before the police could conduct a search of her California home, an unidentified person handed in the £1,500 necklace.
It is uncertain if Lohan will still face prosecution for what would be classified as possible grand theft.
This new crime allegation is bad news for the 24-year-old. Lohan is still on probation for being found guilty of drink-driving in 2007. She is also under investigation for alleged assault.
- two court orders to attend drug and drink rehabilitation
- two jail sentences in 2010
The troubled actress has appeared in court more than on the big screen in recent years.
Have you been accused of a crime you did not commit?
Would you know enough about UK law to protect yourself from a wrongful charge?
Find out how UK solicitors can help you win your case.
You may also like:
- Benefits law: Over 80 people a month died after being…
- European law: Google hits out at European Commission
- International: Twelve detained after Tianjin blasts
- International: Sudanese teenager risks twenty lashes for ‘indecent dressing’
- Environmental law: WWF threatens legal action against government for failing…