A couple who tortured and killed a 15-year-old boy after accusing him of using witchcraft have been sentenced to life imprisonment.
Magalie Bamu and her partner Eric Bikubi were meant to be caring for Miss Bamu’s younger brother Kristy and four more siblings when they visited for Christmas in 2010, in their flat in Newham, east London.
But Mr Bikubi accused the boy and the other children of being witches and began beating and torturing them.
Over four days, Kristy was hit with an “armoury of weapons” including a hammer, chisel, sticks, pliers and a metal bar.
He suffered 101 injuries before finally drowning when he was kept in a bath, and was too tired to keep his head above the water any longer.
Mr Bibuki claimed that he was not guilty because he suffered from an “abnormality of mental functioning” at the time of the murder.
Despite his claims, Mr Bibuki and Miss Bamu were jailed for life.
Read more on the story (BBC)
Find solicitors throughout the UK (FindLaw)
You may also like:
- International: Virginia governor overturns law to allow convicted criminals to…
- Guest Blog: Cohabiting couples, their rights and the common law…
- Health and Safety: Alton Towers owner pleads guilty to health…
- Legal Aid: New report shows rise in DIY defence since…
- Law and government: Councils appeal for increased powers to limit…
If you cannot find what you are looking for on Findlaw.co.uk please let us know by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Furthermore, please be aware that while we attempt to ensure all our information is as up-to-date and relevant as possible occasionally some our articles may no longer be accurate.